Amazon are selling the Kasa HS100 Smart Plug by TP Link for £13.49 for Prime customers today.
- Compatibility – Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for Voice Control
- No Hub Required – Works with any Wi-Fi router without the need for a separate hub
- Remote Access – Control devices connected to the Smart Plug wherever you use the free Kasa app on your phone
- Scheduling – Schedule the smart plug to automatically power electronics on and off as needed
- Away Mode – Turns your devices on and off at different times to give the appearance that someone is home
What can you do with it?
- Schedule a plug to come on automatially at set times on particular dates – e.g. put lights on when you’re on holiday or turn lights on for when you’re coming home.
- Remote control via thet Kasa app to turn plugs on. Also works with Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Away mode is like scheduling but with a bit more randomness, turning a plug on and off multiple times to simulate someone being at home. I didn’t really like this, as it turned on/off more than I would if I was actually home.
- Use it to turn on your Christmas tree later in the year – great if the plug is hidden at the back.
Anything to note?
- This version does’t include Energy Monitoring – that’s the HS110.
Is it a good deal?
Yes – this is the second cheapest it’s been on Amazon (it was £11.99 last December). Usual price is £15-£20. Argos sometimes sell this as a bundle of three which works out a little cheapear individually.
Get Deal: Kasa HS100 Smart Plug on Amazon.